Thief is a dark game. And by that I mean DARK! Like, perpetual night, everything is damp, the colors are cold, and even the fires and torches seem to give only partial respite from dreary, tired…blah! I’ve played games that have been dark before, but nothing like this. Typically in games that I play, it will be that one “dark” or “gothic” level or dungeon. For the most part, the designers try to make the most visually appealing landscape possible, with lush colors and vibrant themes that bring the player’s senses alive. They maintain this method pretty well, and then create a that one “dark” stronghold or sequence to give the game’s environment some contrast. Thief is the absolute opposite. Here, EVERYTHING is dark. EVERYTHING is damp. With the fires around the city, I feel that if I were to stand beside one, I would be able to warm my hands but I wouldn’t get enough warmth to dry my coat, and my boots and back would remain cold and soggy. Continue reading Thief is a DARK game!
Picked up the latest Thief game for the Xbox One! I’m looking forward to plenty of skulduggery and looting in the shadows in this! But first, we need to actually get the box open, which apparently my knife has a difficult time handling due to a chipped tip.
Alas, since I only ordered the standard edition of the game, there’s not a whole heck of a lot going on inside the box. Definitely not as much as the GTA:V Unboxing!
Ranters! It is the week of December 16th, 2013. For Sports Rants Gaming, I am Anthony Rossi from the Coffee and Cornchips gaming blog with the C3 WiR(e), a week in review recap of the gaming world. This week’s headlines include:
- Telltales games to produce 2 new episodic adventures: Tales from the Borderlands and Game Of Thrones
- Halo: Spartan Assault to hit XB1 on Dec. 24th
- Sony files a patent that looks like a new Move controller
- Elder Scrolls online gets a release date
- Thief announces difficulty settings and a companion app
- We have the first unofficial unboxing vid for a Steam Machine Prototype
- Documents are leaked that confirm the development of Fallout 4
Let the Gaming News Begin! Continue reading C3 WiR(e) – 2013-12-16
Ranters! It is November 18th, 2013. For Sports Rants Gaming, I am Anthony Rossi, aka Hyp3rSint4x from the Coffee and Cornchips gaming blog with the C3 WiR(e), a week in review recap of the gaming world. This week’s headlines include:
- Thief Developers drop Quick Time Events
- Ubisoft attempts to reignite JRPGs with Child of Light
- A 30min gameplay trailer of Dragon Age 3 gets leaked
- Southpark spoofs the coming Black Friday Console War
Let the gaming news begin! Continue reading C3 WiR(e) – 2013-11-18
Yes, I realize I’m posting this a day late, but we were running in to some delay issues over at SportsRants.com. No worries, the WiR(e) is still up and ready!
Transcript for the C3 WiR(e) 2013-09-30
Ranters! It is September 30, 2013. I am Anthony Rossi, aka Hyp3rSint4x from the Coffee and Cornchips gaming blog with the C3 WiR(e), a week in review recap of the gaming world. This week’s headlines include:
- Possible casting for the World Of Warcraft Movie
- Thief Pre-Order Bonus
- Southpark: The Stick of Truth has a release date!
- Xbox reveals Xbox Fitness with Kinect
- In EA News: St. Louis Blues are predicted to win the Stanely Cup and NCAA Football is canceled, and finally
- Prepare for your livingroom to get a bit “Steamier” Continue reading C3 WiR(e) – 2013-09-30
In an earlier post, I had lamented the passing of the Stealth Factor in the Assassin’s Creed series. As it’s fan base grew and story progressed, we saw a definite increased focus on the combat mechanics and visualizations and a reduced emphasis on the slow and methodical demands of the stealth. With the upcoming reboot of Thief, it would appear that we’re getting back to that ideal. Continue reading Thief Trailer Response – Stealth in HD